- Election results of five states :- In Assam- BJP, West Bengal- Trinamool government, Puducherry – Congress, Kerala – CPI Party, Tamil Nadu- AIADMK has won the election on 19th may, 2016.
- Assam is the only state where BJP had a win.
- BJP won in Assam for the very first time.
- Congress has suffered huge loss in these Assembly elections by losing out two major states that were ruled.
- Congress was ousted by the people from Assam and Kerala.
- LDF is making a comeback in Kerala,
- In Tamil Nadu Jayalalithaa with 134 seats while DMK was left with only 89 seats.
- Mamata Banerjee was voted back to power in West Bengal.
- The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 was introduced by Minister of Finance, Mr. Arun Jaitley, in Lok Sabha on March 3, 2016.
- Rajya Sabha can only make recommendations for amendments but those have to be agreed to by Lok Sabha as well.
- And since it was money bill, Lok Sabha can decide not to agree to any of the recommendations — and this is precisely what happened 11th May, 2016.
- So now, The Rajya Sabha has to return a money Bill within 14 days after receiving it from Lok Sabha.
- Aadhaar Bill is used to consider as a proof of identity not of address.
- Aadhaar bill is a 12 digit biometric auto- generated unique identity created after taking one’s fingerprints and iris scan.
Egypt Air Flight Crash
- Egypt Air Flight MS804 from Paris to Cairo was crashed over the Mediterranean Sea on 18th May, 2016.
- Greek and Egyptian armed forces are involved in the effort, and France has offered to send boats and planes for the search.
- A major search is under way in seas south of the Greek island of Karpathos.
Uber Cup badminton tournament
- On 16th May, 2016, Indian women Saina Nehwal and P V Sindhu made a start to their campaign at the Uber Cup badminton tournament by defeating Australia by 5-0 at Kunshan, China.
- Saina Nehwal won after a long struggle against Australian player Hsuan-Yu Wendy Chen (world rank 74), by 5-0 in Uber Cup badminton tournament at Kunshan, China.
- P V Sindhu defeated Joy Lai in 25 minutes.
AIBA World women’s boxing Championship
- Mary Kom has defeated Sweden’s Juliana Soderstrom in the AIBA World women’s boxing Championship on 19th May, 2016.
- M C Mary Kom-(5 time world champion – 51kg) and former Asian gold-medallist L Sarita Devi (60kg) won in opening bouts of the AIBA World Women’s Boxing Championships in Astana on 19th May, 2016..
- Mary Kom defeated Sweden’s Juliana Soderstrom by 3-0,.
- Sarita defeated Belarus’ Alla Yaroshevich by a thoroughly dominating performance.
Apple CEO Tim Cook Visit to India
- Apple CEO Tim Cook has landed on 17th May, 2016 in Delhi,India
- On 19th May, 2016 Tim Cook interacts with Anant Ambani- son of Mukesh Ambani outside Sidhivinayak temple in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- He has launched development centre in Hyderabad ,Andhra pradesh. on 19th May, 2016
- He met Prime minister Narendra Modi on 21st May, 2016 at his official residence and launched an updated version of the ‘Narendra modi app’.
Science And Technology News:-
Supersonic interceptor missile
- India on 15th May, 2016 have successfully test-fired Supersonic interceptor missile.
- On 22nd May, 2016, India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed supersonic interceptor missile, capable of destroying any incoming hostile ballistic missile, from a test range off Odisha coast.
- In its effort to have a full fledged multi-layer Ballistic Missile Defence system,
- The interceptor was engaged against a target which was a naval version of Prithvi missile launched from a ship anchored inside Bay of Bengal, taking up the trajectory of a hostile ballistic missile.
world’s single largest rooftop solar system
- India has inaugurated the world’s largest rooftop solar power system on 18th May, 2016.
- India has inaugurated 11.5 MW, the largest single rooftop solar PV installation in the world.
- It is installed at the top of the Dera Baba Jaimal Singh campus – a spiritual and learning organization.
- The Punjab government came forward in backing the installation as part of its own solar rooftop scheme, which forms part of its 1 GW installation goal by the end of fiscal year 2016-17.
- Currently, Punjab has around 470 MW of completed solar PV capacity, with a further 500 MW in the pipeline.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]