India – China Border Dispute
- Indian President Pranab Mukherjee visited China from 24th May-27th May,2016 to manage border dispute.
- Pranab Mukherjee arrived in in the highly industrialised Chinese city Guangzhou on May 24th, 2016.
- Besides meeting with Indian Community, Mr Mukherjee met Chinese President Xi Jinping on 26th May, 2016 in order to maintain peace and stability.
- India and China had a 19th round of Special Representatives meeting in may to resolve the disputes over 3488-km long Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- China claims Arunachal Pradesh as Southern Tibet while India proclaims that the only conflicted Aksai Chin area was occupied by China during 1962 war.
- Both the parties were agreed to maintain strategic communications and the primary reason of this meeting was to expand the areas of agreement.
- Mr. Mukherjee raised the issue of China blocking India’s bid to get Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) , so as to get the membership of the Nuclear Supply group (NSG)
- India rejected the insistence of China to sign the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) in order to become a member of Nuclear Supply group(NSG) and said that the France had not signed the NPT when it became a member of the NSG.
- Japanese P.M Shinzo Abe, French President Francois Hollande,British P.M David Cameron, Canadian P.M Justin Trudeau, Italian P.M Matteo Renzi, German chancellor Angela Merkel and U.S President Barack Obama were present at the G7 Summit in Shima, Japan on 26th May- 27th May, 2016.
- The group of seven countries agreed on 27th May, 2016 to seek a global growth, agreement over currency issue and expressing concern over North Korea, Russia and maritime summit disputes involving China i.e. South China Sea.
- The 42nd G7 summit was organised by Japan this year.
- The G7 committee made a 32-page declaration on market exchange rates to avoid competitive devaluation of their currencies.
- G7 is expected to lead the area of energy policy by making the agreement for a global commitment of $100 billion.
India-Iran- Afghanistan Agreement
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has reached Iran on 22nd May, 2016.
- This is P.M Narendra Modi’s two-day visit to Tehran, Iran to pave the way for the development of a strategically significant Iranian port and a trade route to Afghanistan.
- PM Narendra Modi met Iranian President ‘Hassan Rouhani’ and Afghanistan’s President Ashraf Ghani for ‘Chabahar port’ agreement at the ‘Saadabad Palace’ in Tehran on 23rd may, 2016.
- A bilateral agreement to develop Chabahar port and related infrastructure will strengthen the India’s role in the geopolitics region and improve the India-Iran relations.
- This deal was signed a tripartite agreement on 24th May, 2016 to turn the Iranian Chabahar port into transit hub.
U.S.A – Vietnam relations
- US president Barack Obama landed in Hanoi, Vietnam early on 23rd May, 2016, becoming the third U.S. leader to visit Vietnam since the end of the Vietnam War.
- US president Barack Obama has met Vietnamese president ‘Tran Dai Quang’ in ‘Hanoi’ on 23rd May, 2016.
- President Barack Obama announced on 23rd May, 2016 that USA they removed the ban on sales of lethal arms to Vietnam.
- Obama is the third U.S President to Vietnam and made a strategic balance towards Asia-pacific foreign policy.
Anurag thakur – New BCCI president
- Anurag thakur has been appointed as a new BCCI president on 22nd May, 21016
- Anurag Thakur, the 41-year old MP(3 times), became the 2nd youngest president of BCCI on 22nd May,2016.
- Anurag thakur will be working with the experienced BCCI secretary, Ajay Shirke.
- He replaced former Shashank Manohar who is the President of ICC at present.
- Earlier he was the Chief of Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) at a the young age of 25.
Asian 6- Red snooker Championship
- He defeated malaysian player ‘Keen Hoh Moh’ by 7-5 score .
- On 23rd may, 2016, Pankaj Advani won the the Asian 6- Red snooker and became the first player in the world to hold both world and continental titles in Abu Dhabi.
Grand Slam “Tennis tournament”
- On 25th May, 2016, Sania Mirza ,Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna have won second grand Slam “Tennis tournament” in doubles category.
- Leander Paes and with his partner Marcin Matkowski defeated England’s Jamie Murray and Brazil’s Bruno Soares to enter the last eight stage.
- Bopanna with his Romanian partner Florin Mergea stunned the US’ Brian Baker and New Zealand’s Marcus Daniel in the third round to enter the last eight stage.
- Saina with Martina Hingis- her women’s doubles partner were defeated by Barbora Krejcikova and Katerina Siniakova.
Anumol Thampi – gold medalist and made a national record
- Anumol Thampi won gold medal in the girls’ 3000m and made a national record by finishing a race in 10:00:22 time on 26th May, 2016.
- Anumol Thampi recorded 10:00.22 seconds on the clock break the national record of 10:08.29 time set by S Jadhav.
- Rima Patel of Bihar was runner up finishing the distance in 10:19.61 sec.
Science And Technology News:-
Reusable Launch Vehicle – Technology Demonstrator (RLV-TD)
- India launched its first reusable launch vehicle (RLV) on 23rd May, 2016 from SDSC Sriharikota
- Reusable Launch Vehicle (RLV) is technology demonstrator which is one of the most technologically challenging technique of ISRO
- It is a reusable launch vehicle to enable low cost access to space.
- Its configuration is similar to that of an aircraft and act as flying test to evaluate various technologies – hypersonic flight, autonomous landing and powered cruise flight.
- This vehicle is going to be the 1st stage of India’s reusable two stage orbital launch vehicle.
- It consists of fusible body, a nose cap, a double delta wings and twin vertical tails.
- The total flight duration was about 12.8 minutes.
- Objectives of RLV-TD:
. a. Hypersonic aero thermodynamic characterisation of wing body.
b. Evaluation of autonomous Navigation, Guidance and Control (NGC) schemes
c. Integrated flight management
d.Thermal Protection System Evaluation
Supersonic cruise missile – Brahmos
- Indian Air Force successfully test fired a land- attack version of the supersonic cruise missile – Brahmos in the western sector on 27th May, 2016.
- It consist of advanced guidance system and inherent with software algorithm from a defence base in the western sector.
- As per the statement of defense department advanced version of version of BrahMos land-attack system was launched from a mobile autonomous launcher from Pokharan range at about 12 pm.
- supersonic cruise missile – Brahmos established its position in the World of supersonic cruise missiles.
- Flight range – up to 290 km and operated on “Fire and Forget” principle
- Its destructive power is large due to high kinetic energy.
- Cruising altitude – up to 15 km while lower altitude is -10m.
- This cruise model has appropriate configuration for land, sea and sub-sea platforms and uses a Transport Launch Canister (TLC) for transportation, storage and launch.
- Compared to the state art missile with the model of supersonic cruise missile
- It has 3 times more velocity
- 2.5 to 3 times more flight range
- 3 to 4 times more seeker range
- 9 times more kinetic range
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
National Geographic Bee Competition
- National Geographic Bee finals held on 25th May, 2016 in which seven Indian-American students were among the top ten contestants.
- Rishi Nair, a 12-year old Indian-American student has won the prize of $50,000 National Geographic Bee competition in which all the top three ranks were achieved by Indian origin students on 26th May 2016.
- The National Geographic Bee is an annual geography contest sponsored by the National Geographic Society.
- This Competition held every year since 1989 and is open to students for the fourth to eighth grades in participating schools from the United States Of America.
- The first and second runner up were also Indian-American students in which third place secured by Kapil Nathan who won $10,000 college scholarship while the seven other finalists, who each won $500 as a consolation prize.
Jharkhand Expo-tourism 2016
- Seven day Jharkhand Expo-tourism 2016 exhibited at the Janakpuri Dilli haat on 27th May, 2016.
- The exhibition was organized by Department of Industry, Govt. of Jharkhand from May 21 to May 27, 2016
- Rural Development Minister, Neelkanth Singh Munda had inaugurated the expo-tourism exhibition on 21st May, 2016
- It was decorated as per the theme of Jharkhand Expo-tourism, tradition, art & culture and ambience of Jharkhand.
- Some around 40 stalls of various categories of jharcraft, Khadi, handicraft attracted the visitors at Jharkhand Expo exhibition.
- The Expo was decorated by event manager Girish Gujral while the summit was also organised on May 24th 2016.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]