India enters the MTCR (Mission Control Technology Regime)
- India joined the club of MTCR (Mission Control Technology Regime) on 27th June, 2016, which enables India to deal in high-end Mission technology.
- MTCR is a multilateral export control regime. Total 34 countries were involved in this mission.
- India became the 35th member of the missile control regime.
- MTCR was established in April 1987 with the help of 7 countries – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Great Britain and the United States Of America.
- The MTCR is one of the four regime with an objective to restrict the rapid use of missiles, unmanned air vehicles, space launch vehicles and related techniques for those systems capable of carrying a 500 kg payload.
- India’s foreign secretary S Jaishankar signed the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) in the presence of ambassadors of France Alexandre Ziegler,, Netherland’s Alphonsus Stoelinga , and Luxembourg’s Charge d’Affaires Laure Huberty.
Naga Peace Act leader Isak Chisi Swu passed away
- Naga Peace Act leader Isak Chisi Swu passed away at the age of 86 at a Delhi hospital on 28th June, 2016.
- Isak Chisi Swu and Thuingaleng Muivah are the founder of NSCN-IM.
- National Socialist Council Of India is largest group of Northeast region of India which has been demanding neighbouring land for the Nagas for decades.
- Naga Peace pact is signed with an aim to eliminate India’s oldest violent uprising in Northeast region of India against the Government of India.
- Naga Peace Accord – The agreement was signed between Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval at the PM’s house on 3rd August 2015.
- Chairman of NSCN passed away at the Fortis Hospital in New Delhi, India
- National Socialist Council Of Nagalim (NSCN) (Isak-Muivah) paid honour to their chairman Isak Chisi Swu at headquarters in Dimapur on 1st July, 2016.
Education programme – Chunauti 2018
- Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia announced an education programme – Chunauti 2018 on 29th June, 2016.
- The primary objective of Chunauti 2018 is to improve the quality of education keeping in view on weakest students.
- According to this scheme, class 6th to 9th will be framed in a programme in order to check on a dropout rate of students.
- According to the previous statistical data, 44% of students failed in class 9th in 2013 while in 2014-15, 48.26% number of students failed of 9th standard and 49.22% in 2015-16.
- Government has planned to focus on weak and dropout students by providing “No detention policy” (NDC) – due to which students will pass till 8th standard.
- For 9th standards, norms are quite different as the students have no NDC policy so the government will hire more number of guest teachers for them.
- As per the scheme, government will enable principals to hire plenty of teachers.
- The aim of the programme chunauti 2018 that all the students enrolled in the 9th standard in the academic year 2016-2017, will be trained guided to appear for class 10th examinations.
Lionel Messi announced his retirement from International football
- Lionel Messi announced his retirement from International football after Argentina lost final match from Chile in the Copa America Centenario USA 2016 on 27th June, 2016.
- Argentina defeated by Chile in penalty shootouts.
- Lionel messi has been awarded 5 times with FIFA player of the year.
- He is also the winner of 4 champions league.
- He has also been crowned 8 times with spanish la liga crown with Barcelona.
- Argentina has lost 2nd Copa America title in two years.
- Argentina has not won any major world title since 23 years.
India entered the top five ranking of International Hockey
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) announced the world rankings post the Champion Trophy in which India entered the top five club.
- per the report of International Hockey Federation, Indian Hockey team have entered the the top five slot.
- This announcement came after the champions trophy.
- Many factors contributed to this achievement such as winning performance at asian games
- The world champion and champions trophy winner australia is at top position.
- The second position is acquired by Netherlands.
- Germany is at 3rd position.
- Indian women team ranks 13.
- The first rank among women team was acquired by Dutch.
Android Nougat – next version of Android operating system for mobile phones
- Google announced the name Android Nougat as the next version of Android operating system for mobile phones on 30th June, 2016.
- The name though created division among fans.
- The Codename of this version is “N”.
- This was announced at Google’s I/O developer conference in May.
- Most versions of android are based on the names of confectionary.
- This is the 7th version of android.
- Some previous versions of android are cupcake,Donut,Jelly Bean,Ice Cream sandwich,Honeycomb,eclair etc.
Sujoy Bose – the new CEO at the Natural Investment and Infrastructure Fund
- Sujoy Bose is the present director at infrastructure and natural resources,International finance corporation.(IFC)
- He has huge experience in the field of infrastructure sector.
- Various initiatives will now be taken by Mr bose under his leadership.
- Investors like RUSNANO,Abu Dhabi investment authority(ADIA),Qatar investment authority(QIA) are need to be operationalised as soon as possible.
- The main aim of establishment of NIIF is to fasten the process of investment from both domestic as well as international sources.
- The NIIF was established under companies act,2013.
- It acts like a Investment manager of the country.
N.S Vishwanathan as the new deputy governor of the RBI
- Appointment committee of the cabinet announced N.S Vishwanathan as the new deputy governor of the RBI on 28th June, 2016.
- He is at present director at central bank.
- The announcement was made by ACC( Appointments committee of cabinet).
- He will commence the post from july 3, 2016.
- Previously, he served as Principal chief general manager in the department of non banking supervision at RBI.
- He also has been as executive director at RBI since april 2014.
- He has also served as director at punjab national bank
- He was nominee director at the DENA BANK.
- He served as Chief general manager of vigilance at IFCI LTD.
Science And Technology News:-
Indian Origin based – Tejas Jet Aircraft
- State-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will deliver first two Light Combat Tejas aircrafts to Indian Air Force which will make up the flying daggers 45 on 1st July, 2016.
- Homemade Tejas aircraft has been in process of making for three decades, the Government cleared the paperwork of this project in 1983.
- Tejas was designed by Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO)with a speed of 1.4 Mach.
- Tejas is single seat, single engine, lightweight, highly-active supersonic fighter, which can fly 2300 km distance. It can about 25,00 kg of fuel and can be refuelled mid-air
- The LCA squadron induction ceremony will be held at the Aircraft System Testing Establishment on 1st July, 2016 in the presence of Air Marshal Jasbir Walia.
- The Indian Air Force Station ordered 40 Tejas aircraft, in which 20 Tejas Mk1 and 20 Tejas Mk 2 out of which 20 will be manufactured according to IOC standards while rest will be developed as per FOC configurations.
- HAL is planning to increase production up to eight and 16 aircraft each year.
Arts, Culture And Awards News:-
12-feet long statue of Tamil poet Thiruvalluvar
- A 12-feet long statue of Tamil poet Thiruvalluvar was brought from Tamil Nadu to Haridwar on 30th June, 2016.
- The statue will be established on the banks of the Ganga River.
- It will be handed over to tarun vijay BJP MP and also the president of students and youth of thiruvalluvar movement.
- Mr. C.Ramasubramaniam is the National Coordinator of the movement.
- The statue would be unveiled on june 26, 2016 .
- The statue was carved out by a team of 20 member.
- The weight of the sculptor is about 10.5 tonne and the cost of sculptor was 20.6 lakhs.
An inscription on Kapalikas
- An inscription on kapalikas which is about 1000 year old was discovered recently.
- The inscription was discovered in raichur district of karnataka.
- It is based on Bhairava idol.
- It is discovered by a professor of kannada university, Hampi.
- This inscription is very rare and it is for first time that we have sources in this field.
- Kapalikas were the clan who practised human sacrifice.
- They also practised immolation.
- This is epic in terms of south indian history.
- The inscription was found in a cave in a hilly area of raichur district.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]