Current Affairs 28th August- 3rd September, 2016
Here are some indispensable Current Affairs 28th August- 3rd September, 2016
National Current Affairs Updates
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) announced to appoint PV sindhu as its Brand Ambassador.
1) The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is the largest paramilitary force of India .
2) PV Sindhu will be honored with the rank of commandant.
3) PV Sindhu won silver medal in the event of badminton in Rio Olympics , 2016.
4) She will be awarded with the rank badges and camouflage combat fatigues of the CRPF.
Establishment of ‘Army Design Bureau’
1. This was announced by Army Chief General – Dalbir Singh.
2. This was done under “Make in India” Initiative.
3. In this the Indian Army will launch its own design wing.
4. The announcement was made at Indian Habitat Centre.
‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’- a Comic campaign
1.This is done to support the swachh bharat abhiyan which was started on 2 october-2014.
2. The Campaign will be introduced by Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD).
The Supreme Court Jugde- Justice Chelameswar shows reluctance towards “Collegium”.
i) Collegium refers to Group of senior most judges and CJI for reference in various appointment .
ii) According to Chelameshwar the appointments should be more transparent.
iii) The Chief Justice of India is Justice T. S Thakur.
Business current affairs updates
Indian Railways launches new insurance scheme for passengers.
i) The scheme is for E-ticket holders.
ii) The scheme is launched at a premium of 92 paise.
iii) It comprises an insurance cover of upto 10 lakhs.
International Current Affairs Updates
India bagged 35th position in World Bank Logistics performance Index-2016.
1) As per the recently introduced Bi-annual Logistics performance index , India ranked 35 out of 160 countries.
2) The First rank was bagged by the ‘Germany’.
3) India improved its rank with 19 positions from 54 in 2014 to 35.
1. Dilma Rousseff- Brazil’s first woman president was impeached
1) She was impeached by 61 out of 81 senators voting against her.
2) This decision was taken on 31st August, 2016.
3) Dilma Rouseff was the first female president of Brazil.
4) She was impeached for Bribery and Corruption charges.
5) A necessary push to impeachment was given by the economic slow down of the
Indian president Pranab Mukherjee honoured the Rio Olympics medalists with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
1. The venue of the ceremony was Rashtrapati Bhawan.
2. The achievers include- PV Sindhu, Sakhsi Malik, Dipa Karmakar and Jitu Rai.
3. The Achievers were also given a cash prize of 7.5 lakh apart from awards.
4. The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna is the sporting honor of India.
5. It is given in the honour of the Ex Prime Minister of India Mr. Rajiv Gandhi.
6. It is awarded by the ministry of youth and affairs.
Man Kaur–clinched gold in American masters games.
1) A 100 year old Indian runner Man kaur grabbed a gold medal on 29th August, 2016.
2) The venue of the event was Vancouver.
3) Man Kaur has won almost 20 medals across the globe.
[contact-form-7 id="101950" title="Contact form 1"]